Top 10 Internet Dating Sites
Internet dating is becoming an accepted way to find potential partners. Here is a list of ten of the top internet dating Sites along with a description of what makes them stand out from their competitors.
Internet dating is becoming an accepted way to find potential partners in this fast paced 21st century. However, finding a site that best suits you can be a daunting challenge. I’ve provided a list of ten of the top internet dating sites. Along with a description of what makes them stand out from their competitors.
1. Match.com – This is one of the most popular internet dating site on the net. At the time of this writing there were 140,673 members that registered this week. Now that is a lot of singles! One of the things that I like about this site is that they have a feature called Venus – it automatically does 2-way matching and sends the results to your email. No more spending hours searching for your match. Match even caters to the international communities. Check to see if your country is represented.
2. Matchmaker.com – Caters to the major metropolis areas within the United States. It also caters to a variety of special interest groups that include: various religious communities (Catholics, Christians, Latter Day Saints, Jewish), various age groups (teens, colleges, over 40’s), alternative lifestyles, ebony, several international communities, and even a recovery connection.
3. Eharmony.com – This site was developed by Dr. Neil Warren, Ph.D., a practicing clinical psychologist specializing in relationships. He is a noted author and has many relationship books to his credit: Finding the Love of Your Life, Learning to Live with the Love of Your Life, and Date … or Soul Mate? How to Know if Someone is Worth Pursuing in Two Dates or Less . He takes a very scientific approach to matching based on the 29 personality dimensions that are most important in relationship success. You even get a FREE Personality Profile (a $40 value). Try this site, to take the guesswork out of finding a compatible partner.
4. Yahoo! Personals – Post an ad free of charge by filling out the lengthy questionnaire, including information on whether you want kids and what your body type is. There is some room--though not much--to express yourself in short essays. Mutual Matching service will do the scrolling for you, pulling up profiles of potential mates that match your requirements. One of the few sites to offer the "post a video" option.
5. Kiss.com - This matching service allows you can select up to ten basic criteria--including marital status, occupation and hobbies--and select the importance to you (vital, important, of interest or not used). Very popular--an average of 6,000 people join per day.
6. Date-a-Doc.com - Yes, you guessed it! A site that caters for health care and science professionals. A quick look around revealed a varied selection of single people in this profession and the site itself was very user friendly and well presented. Something of a niche market.
7. MillionaireMatch.com - This site claims its membership base consists of CEOs, professional athletes and NFL cheerleaders. And while the site defines a millionaire loosely--anyone making over $100,000 a year. The pages are well designed, with a basic questionnaire and a bare bones search engine. No need to be a millionaire yourself to register.
8. AdvancedDegreesSingles.com - A matchmaking service for singles with masters degrees and above. If you're intellectual then this site is for you.
9. Single Christian Network - A solid site for Christian singles looking to make a love connection. You can browse a small proportion of the site's 30,000 personal ads for free, but don't expect to be able to narrow search criteria by state, age range or education level. Those features are reserved for paying members.
10. JDate.com - Popular site for Jewish singles, boasting over half a million members worldwide. Registering can be a chore--the extensive questionnaires ask you for everything from favorite pastimes, music and cuisines to what you learned from past relationships. But it pays off. The detailed profiles make for excellent reading.
About the Author
Life and Relationship Coach, Author, Speaker, Teleclass Leader, & Syndicated Columnist.
Enjoy a FREE newsletter aimed at helping singles be successful in dating and creating a loving relationship.
For a complimentary 45 minute coaching session, call (727) 394-2198 to schedule an appointment or email me at: CoachLovejoy@the-dating-clinic.com.